I was rummaging through some files and came across this Quick and Dirty Tile Tutorial I made a while back that some may find useful. It demonstrates a very basic method for turning any texture pattern into one that tiles properly. Once the edges are set, you can get creative with the internal portion to avoid that repetitive “tiled look”. I find the technique works well when you want a quick pattern for a small chunk of space like a header strip or sidebar.
Every now and then we experience a confluence of events that gives us faith in divine synchronisity. As my great friend and brother Voidious begins his new job in a new town, after several years here getting an education (in Smash Bros., among other things ;)), I find myself gripped by this phenomenon.
Oribiting this life-altering event are other significant happenings:
- The blogs of Mikedoad and Voidious are resurrected with new designs and a flurry of updates.
- Rush and Nine Inch Nails, the two bands most influential to me, are releasing new albums in April.
- My friend Gary has moved back into town, as if switching places with Voidious.
- 2007 is the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, which has become an important part of my life over the past couple years (beginning with an unforgettable opening night viewing of Revenge of the Sith with Voidious in ’05).
- A new Super Smash Bros. game is scheduled to be released in the Fall.
- Futurama returns this year!
The sentiment may be a few months late, but in light of this whirlwind of change I think it’s finally appropriate to say: Happy New Year!